Wednesday 18 May 2011

Leominster is the biggest town in the County...

...and the County's Chief Executive earned £226,500 last year.

I wonder if Mayor Eddie Clark will adjourn the meeting if I utter the words "Chris Bull"?
ITEM FOR ANNUAL TOWN MEETING AGENDA

From:Jim Miller (leominsterindependent@live.co.uk)
Sent:18 May 2011 10:27:21
To: townclerk@leominstertowncouncil.gov.uk
Cc: rogerhunt@hotmail.co.uk
Bcc:
Dear Town Clerk,

I submit this business for next week's Annual Town Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders:

"That the Town Council, with a view to saving money for Leominster council tax payers and in light of stated government policy, asks the County's Chief Executive to take a voluntary, substantial cut in his salary".

UPDATE MAY 25th:
More than 50 townspeople turned up (two years ago it was 1) and the motion was passed completely unanimously. I am very proud of the town I live in.