Monday 11 April 2011

Gutter politics in Herefordshire

In the public interest and to protest at how low political discourse has sunk in my County I am publishing a disgraceful anonymous leaflet currently being circulated about recently formed political group "It's Our County".


I'm no supporter of IOC (and they're no great fans of me) but this pathetic leaflet by establishment politicians appals me.


There is actual criminal libel against IOC Cllr Julie Woodward (I have checked with her & she does not oppose my publication of this leaflet) which I have blacked out. I think West Mercia police should investigate who wrote this filth, but I'm not holding my breath.


This scurrilous, venomous, anonymous, hateful Old Politics really need to encounter a serious setback on May 5th.


As I say, I don't personally support the It's Our County party.
But to show the author of this bullying, lying leaflet that this sort of thing no longer works, I hope that people who live in the Wards where Woodward, Hubbard, Dawe and Lloyd-Hayes are standing will vote for them in protest at filthy politics and in favour of simple decency.