Friday 1 April 2011

Has the Red Death struck Herefordshire Council?

You may remember that I sent my complaint about Councillors' expenses 10 days ago to Herefordshire Council's Chief Auditor Tony Ford, who promised to investigate why thousands of pounds in "travel expenses" were being paid out without receipts.
His investigation didn't last long. Yesterday I got the following email from him:


From:
Ford, Tony (raford@herefordshire.gov.uk)
Sent:
31 March 2011 16:08:35
To:
Jim Miller (leominsterindependent@live.co.uk)
Cc:
Wright, Carrie (cwright3@herefordshire.gov.uk)

Dear Mr Miller
Regarding you complaints I write to inform you that after today I will not be employed by Herefordshire Council, Both your complaints are being investigated by the Audit Team, and a reply will be sent to you.
If you have any further queries on the subject please contact Carrie Wright at the above email address
Thank you
Tony Ford Chief Internal Auditor
You may recall that, when I asked the Council's 'Democracy Manager' Sian Clark, a fortnight ago,who was publishing false expenses info on the Council's website I got a very similar email.

I hope they revive that "Heroes" program on the telly so I can be in it: I have clearly developed the unique superpower of making highly paid Council officials disappear simply by emailing the word "expenses" to them...

PS: This is not an April Fool, by the way. Yesterday's post was: I always get one in a day early to throw suspicion...)