Thursday 31 March 2011

My future political direction

NOW THAT THE ELECTION IS UNDERWAY I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT TO THE CONSIDERABLE TRAFFIC STILL COMING TO THIS POST THAT IT WAS A PRE-ELECTION APRIL FOOL! Of course, you had spotted that, hadn't you???

 Although I have serious issues with Bill Wiggin MP and the NHCA hierarchy, I have always believed that real change can only be effected from inside, and have consistently spoken up for decent Conservatives.

This week I have held hard, confidential talks with June French, who is stepping down at these elections.
June has for some time quietly supported me inside the Conservative party and is known to keep her distance from Mr Wiggin and his supporters. I have therefore agreed to succeed her as Conservative candidate for Leominster North.

My nomination does not come into effect until tomorrow (Friday) morning, as I have to resubmit my papers, but it will be in place by noon.

I do not feel I am letting anyone down by defecting from the "Can We Have Our Money Back?" party as I was the only member.
This election is a chance to re-invigorate Herefordshire Conservatism and I hope to be a part of that challenge!

The voters will, of course, decide.

My Council election website: http://www.yourconvenience.org.uk/