Tuesday 27 September 2011

Shh! It's a secret!

I think the following is a good eye-opener on how career politicians view voters who ask questions.

In spring 2010 I asked  a couple of my Town Council. Their reply concluded with this bizarre & deliberate insult to me as an 'incomer':You're not from round here

The County Standards Committee ruled that it "lacked objectivity and could be taken offensively":Naughty councillors!

Leominster Town Council responded by declaring me a 'non-person' at secret meetings that the public were banned from.
As some here know, I asked to see the minutes of these meetings under the Freedom of Information Act.
The Mayor and Town Clerk strenuously refused, supported by cllrs from the Labour & Green parties.
Then two weeks ago this email from the Town Clerk:

Cllr Miller
Following advice from the Information Commissioner and instructions from the Mayor and Deputy Mayor, in consultation with other Council members, I can now issue you with  the full minutes of the Council meetings held on 6 July 2010 and 17 January 2011.  Please find copies attached.

And here those minutes finally are. Enjoy, they're pretty hilarious!